Our Magical Tripcations Team was hard at work during the opening week of Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure! Here’s our Top 10 “Must Do” list while visiting!
- Visit during Pixar Fest! – This is a limited time festival that ends on September 3, 2018, but there’s definitely still time to book your Disneyland Vacation for Summer 2018. Pixar Fest offers guests a variety of special foods, parades, and memorabilia. While Pixar Pier is here to stay, Pixar Fest is for a limited time!
- Have lunch or dinner at Lamplight Lounge – This newly renovated restaurant is located at the entrance of the pier. The menu is creative and fun! Delicious food and cocktails are available for the whole family. For a full menu, we highly recommend talking to your Magical Tripcations Travel Planner about making a reservation in their dining room. The top level of the restaurant & patio is available for walk up guests, but still requires you to check-in and leave your name with the hostess. Our group did a walk-up seating and waited about 50 minutes.
- Shop around Knick Knacks Souvenir Shop – This gift shop is right across from Lamplight Lounge and has the most adorable items featuring everyone’s favorite Pixar characters.
- Eat ALL THE FOOD! – While some food offerings are for a limited time, others are here to stay! Our team did the hard work & sampled some for you! Some of our favorites include: Chocolate Chip Cookie from Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums outside of the Incredicoaster; Soft Serve Lemon ice cream at the Adorable Snowman Frozen Treats which is located on the pier (next to Knick Knacks); Churros from Senor Buzz’s Churros Stand; Hot Dogs from Angry Dogs located just outside of the Pixar Pal-A-Round Wheel (they’re available in angry (spicy) and not so angry flavors.
- Ride the Incredicoaster! And then ride it again! – California Screamin’ was given a makeover and The Incredicoaster is, just that – incredible! & Mrs. Incredible have left Edna Mode in charge of babysitting Baby Jack Jack. You can guess what happens next; chaos ensues and you’re right in the middle of it while on the coaster. The theming is Disney magic at its finest! A fast pass is highly recommended and with Disneyland’s new MaxPass system, it’s a great way to get the most out of your time at Pixar Pier.
- Take Photos!! – There are photo opportunities all over the pier. Whether it’s across the water from the Pixar Pal-A-Round Wheel or taking photos of your delicious food, there are things to capture all over the place!
- Take a spin on the reimagined Pixar Pal-A-Round Wheel – This attraction is formerly known as Mickey’s Fun Wheel. In its reimagining, each gondola now has your favorite Pixar characters on them. You still have the option of choosing a stationery or moving gondola. I’ll take the latter, please!
- Ride Toy Story Midway Mania – This “oldie” but goodie attraction has quickly become a park going fan favorite for guests! This is a great ride for the entire family and you can challenge each other to see who can get the highest score in your cart. But be warned, you’ll need to buff up your arm muscles now – it’s a serious work out!
- Pixar Pal Pics – Be on the lookout for your favorite Pixar Pals as they will appear throughout the day in different areas of the pier for photo opportunities. They are usually accompanied by a Disney Photo Pass Photographer, but not always, so make sure you have your cameras ready to go!
- Get excited for what’s to come! – While most of Pixar Pier is up and running, there’s still more to come! Coming later this summer is Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff which will be full of sweet treats! Jessie’s Critter Carousel will be available to guests in 2019. It’ll be located between The Incredicoaster and Toy Story Midway Mania.
As you can tell, there’s so much to see and do at Pixar Pier located at Disney California Adventure. You’ll want to see it for yourself, and soon! Contact your Magical Tripcations Travel Planner today to start planning! Don’t have a planner yet? Contact our agency owner, Jo Anne Smoot at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will connect you to someone right away!