Written by Erica V. Ellis – Magical Tripcations Travel Planner
Disney vacations are special and magical, no matter when you take them. Add a birthday to the mix and it becomes even more magical! Here are our Top 5 ways to celebrate your birthday while at Walt Disney World!
- Let your Magical Tripcations Travel Planner know that you’ll be celebrating a birthday while on vacation! Your planner will add that tidbit of information on to your reservation. When you scan your Magic Bands at park entrances, for fast passes, etc., the cast members will be alerted to this. You’ll probably get lots of extra “happy birthdays” during your stay.
- If you aren’t given a birthday button at check-in, make sure you ask for one at your Disney Resort’s front desk or at any of the guest service locations at the parks. Once you have it, wear it proudly! It’s always fun to hear “happy birthday” from cast members and park goers. Who knows, maybe you’ll get some extra pixie dust because of it!
- Talk to your Magical Tripcations Travel Planner about a special gift package or room celebration through Disney Floral & Gifts. It can be as simple as a small cake in your room, or a full-on room makeover to help you celebrate the special day. Prices vary and can satisfy pretty much any budget. For my daughter’s third birthday we ordered her a special Princess Gift Basket and a small chocolate cake that was delivered to our room the evening of her birthday. When we arrived back to our room, the surprise was waiting for her and she was thrilled to see that Disney “knew” she was 3 now.
- Work with your Magical Tripcations Travel Planner to book a special meal to celebrate! Walt Disney World has so many options to choose from when it comes to dining. One of my favorite Disney meals was on my 27th birthday. We made a dinner reservation at California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. A note was added to the reservation that it was my birthday and we were treated to a fun dessert to celebrate!
- Enjoy the day in the most magical way by booking an appointment somewhere special. For the little birthday princess, perhaps an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Have a birthday-celebrating, pirate-loving child in your life? Try Pirate’s League at Magic Kingdom Park! Is the queen of the family celebrating while on your magical Disney vacation? Look into a spa package at one of the Disney Resorts and let her relax! Let’s not forget about the birthday king – they could enjoy a round of golf or a trip to the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street, USA at Magic Kingdom Park.
No matter how you choose to celebrate your birthday while on your Disney vacation, our Magical Tripcations Travel Planners are here to help you make your birthday vacation one to remember and cherish for years to come. Contact us today to begin planning!